Both Meateor Foods plants have the highest possible Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) audit grade for a pet food ingredient facility.
Quality is a critical compliance issue and includes:
- A Risk Management Plan – incorporating HACCP and GMP principles.
- Temperature and visual checking of all raw materials on arrival.
- Materials stored in controlled conditions until production begins.
- Rapid temperature reduction using plate freezing technology to maintain freshness.
- All product is shipped on wooden pallets to ensure no wood or nail contamination occurs during devanning at port of entry.
- Near Infra Red analytical equipment ensures materials meet specification.
- Three metal detectors, including one as a final step before palletising.
- Sorting belts allow inspection for non metallic contamination.
- Year round in-house auditing by a full time QA manager in addition to independent scheduled and unscheduled audits by MPI staff.
- Continuous staff training on quality, safety and process changes.